niconico rent a car japan - tokyo airport car rental companies
niconico rent a car japan depot information
Niconico Rent a Car Japan Rental Terms for travel between 01-May-2018 and 22-Feb-2027
An initial, non-refundable deposit will be secured at the time of booking confirmation. Accepted credit cards are Visa and MasterCard.
The balance is to be paid directly to the supplier on arrival.
Niconico Rent a Car only accept Credit Card payments, including Visa, Mastercard, JCB, NicoS, UC, American Express, Diners Club, Diners Club International, and Diamond.
Cancelling the Reservation
1. The Rentee may cancel the reservation by means of the separately specified method.
2. If the Rentee fails to start the procedure for signing the rental car rental contract (hereinafter referred to as the “rental contract”) within one (1) hour after the rental start time specified at the time of the reservation for a reason that can be attributed to the Rentee, the reservation shall be regarded as having been canceled.
3. In the event of the Rentee failing to start the signing procedure as described in Paragraph 2 above, the Rentee shall pay the separately specified reservation cancellation fee.
4. If the reservation is canceled or the rental contract is not signed for a reason attributable to NicoNico, the supplier shall return the separately specified penalty.
5. If the rental contract is not signed due to reasons of accident, theft, non-return, recall, or natural disaster or for any other reason not attributable to either the Rentee or NicoNico, the reservation shall be regarded as having been canceled. No penalty will apply.
Alternative Rental Car
1. If NicoNico fails to provide a rental car of the model and class specified by the Rentee at the time of the reservation, the supplier may order the rental of a different vehicle (hereinafter referred to as the “alternative rental car”).
2. If the Rentee accepts the offer described in the preceding paragraph, NicoNico shall rent the alternative rental car under the same rental conditions as those specified at the time of the reservation, except for the car model and class. If the rental fee for the alternative rental car is higher than that for the model and class specified at the time of the reservation, the Rentee shall pay the rental fee for the car model and class specified at the time of the reservation. If it is lower than that for car model and class specified at the time of the reservation, the Rentee shall pay the rental fee for the car model and class of the alternative rental car.
3. The Rentee may reject the offer to rent the alternative rental car and cancel the reservation. No penalty shall apply.
Signing the Rental Contract
In signing the rental contract, NicoNico may request the Rentee and the driver to submit a document for identity verification purposes, in addition to the driving license (and international driver's license if required), and may make a copy of the submitted document.
In signing the rental contract, Company A shall request the Rentee and the driver to notify Company A of their cell-phone numbers or other means of contacting them during the rental period.
In signing the rental contract, Company A may specify to the Rentee a payment method such as a credit card or cash.
If the Rentee or the driver fails to comply with Paragraph 5 above, Company A may reject the signing of the rental contract and cancel the reservation. Should this occur, Paragraph 5 of Article 4 shall apply to the handling of the reservation application fee and the like.
Rejecting the Signing of the Rental Contract
1. If the Rentee or the driver fall under any of the subparagraphs below, NicoNico may refrain from offering the rental contract for signing.
(1) The Rentee or the driver fails to present the driving license necessary.
(2) The driver is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol.
(3) The Rentee or the driver is deemed to exhibit the effects of narcotics, stimulant drugs, thinner, and so on.
(4) The Rentee or the driver is attempting to carry a child under the age of six (6) in the car, despite the fact that no child seat is available for use.
(5) The Rentee or the driver is deemed to be a member of an organized crime syndicate or an organization related to such a syndicate, a person involved in such a syndicate or organization, or a member of any other antisocial organization.
(6) The driver specified at the time of the reservation differs from the driver at the time of the signing of the rental contract.
(7) The Rentee or the driver has had payment issue with/failed to pay a past rental.
(8) The Rentee or the driver has committed any of the acts described in the Prohibited Acts paragraph in a past rental.
(9) The Rentee or the driver happens to have a history of outstanding fines from a previous rental or of non-return of the vehicle or return outside of the agreed period/at the wrong location in a past rental (including rentals from another rental car company).
(10) The Rentee or the driver has failed to have automobile insurance cover for a past rental due to the violation of a rental Clause or the insurance Clause.
(11) The Rentee or the driver does not comply with conditions separately indicated.
(12) NicoNico deems it inappropriate to sign the rental contract for any other reasonable reason.
Completion of the Rental Contract
The rental contract shall be regarded as having been completed when NicoNico receives the rental fee and delivers the rental car to the Rentee. At this point, the reservation application fee or the amount equivalent to the coupon issued by the agency, etc. shall be regarded as being part of the rental fee.
1. The rental fee shall consist of the fees described below, and NicoNico shall indicate each fee or the basis for their calculation in the rate table. (1) Basic fee (2) Special equipment fee (3) Drop-off fee (4) Fuel fee (5) Delivery and collection fee (6) Collision damage Waiver fee (7) Other fees
2. If the rental fee is changed after the reservation is made (if an alternative vehicle is required), the fee applied at the time of the reservation shall be compared with that at the time of the rental, and the lower of the two shall apply.
Changing the Rental Conditions
1. If, after the signing of the rental contract, the Rentee wishes to change the rental conditions, the Rentee shall obtain the prior consent of NicoNico.
2. NicoNico may not consent to the changes to the rental conditions under the preceding paragraph if the changes interfere with its rental operations.
3. If the Rentee wishes to extend the rental period, the initial conditions of the rental contract shall remain unchanged, except for the rental period, and the Rentee shall pay the rental fee for the extension to the rental period.
Inspection, Maintenance, and Confirmation
1. NicoNico shall rent the rental car after performing a vehicle inspection of the Road Trucking Vehicle Law and performing all necessary maintenance.
2. The Rentee or the driver shall confirm that the inspection and the maintenance mentioned above have been performed, that the rental car is free from maintenance defects by inspecting the exterior of the car and the accessories in accordance with the separately specified inspection table, and that the rental car satisfies the rental conditions.
3. If any maintenance defects are found in the rental car in the confirmation described in the preceding paragraph, NicoNico shall immediately perform the necessary maintenance.
Issue and Carrying of the Rental Certificate
1. When delivering the rental car, NicoNico shall issue to the Rentee or the driver a prescribed rental certificate containing the items stipulated by the Director-General of the District Transport Bureau.
2. The Rentee or the driver shall carry the rental certificate issued in accordance with the preceding paragraph whenever he or she is using the rental car.
3. If the Rentee or the driver loses the rental certificate, he or she shall immediately notify NicoNico of this fact.
4. When returning the rental car, the Rentee or the driver shall also return the rental certificate to NicoNico.
Responsibility for Management
In the period from the time the rental car is delivered until it is returned to NicoNico (hereinafter referred to as the “period of use”), the Rentee or the driver shall apply due diligence to the use and storage of the rental car.
During the period of use, the Rentee or the driver shall not commit any of the acts listed below.
(1) Use the rental car for motor carrier or similar purposes without obtaining the consent of NicoNico or the permission required under the Road Transport Law.
(2) Use the rental car for purposes other than those prescribed, or let a person drive who is not the driver specified on the rental certificate and is not the person that has obtained the consent of NicoNico.
(3) Sublet the rental car. deposit it for security, or commit any other act that may violate the rights of NicoNico.
(4) Change the original state of the rental car by fabricating or falsifying the automobile registration number plate or the vehicle number plate of the rental car or by remodeling or reworking the rental car.
(5) Use the rental car in any kind of test or competition or to tow or push any other vehicle without first obtaining the consent of NicoNico.
(6)Use the rental car to violate laws and regulations or offend public order and morals.
(7) Buy nonlife insurance for the rental car without obtaining the consent of NicoNico.
(8) Take the rental car out of Japan.
(9) Commit an act that will violate the rental conditions.
Measures to Be Taken in the Event of Illegal Parking by the Rentee or the Driver
1. If, during the period of use, the Rentee or the driver parks the rental car illegally as stipulated in the Road Traffic Law, he or she shall appear at the police station that has jurisdiction over the area in which the vehicle was parked illegally, shall immediately pay the fine and other charges in connection with the illegal parking by him or herself, and shall also cover the charges of towaway, storage, collection, and others.
2. If NicoNico is notified by the police that the rental car is carelessly or illegally parked, NicoNico shall notify the Rentee or the driver, instruct him or her to immediately move or collect the rental car and appear at the police station that has jurisdiction at the expiry of the rental period of the rental car or by the time specified by NicoNico to handle the violation. The Rentee or the driver shall comply with the instructions issued therein. If the rental car is moved by the police, NicoNico may collect the rental car from the police by itself at its own discretion.
3. After issuing the instructions described in the preceding paragraph, NicoNico shall, at its own discretion, confirm the handling of the violation with the traffic violation notice, the payment notice, the receipt, and the like. If the violation has not been addressed, NicoNico shall issue the instructions described in the preceding paragraph to the Rentee or the driver until the violation is handled appropriately. NicoNico shall also request the Rentee or the driver to sign a document (hereinafter referred to as the “acknowledgement letter”) so that he or she acknowledges the fact that he or she has carelessly or illegally parked the car and pledges that he or she will appear at the police station to follow the appropriate legal procedures as a violator, and the Rentee or the driver shall comply with this request.
4. NicoNico shall cooperate with the police as necessary to pursue the responsibility of the Rentee or the driver for the careless or illegal parking, by taking appropriate measures such as submitting materials including personal information, acknowledgement letter, and rental certificate, if NicoNico deems that such cooperation is necessary. NicoNico may also take the necessary legal measures such as submitting, to the Public Safety Commission, documents such as the letter of explanation from the Road Traffic Law, the acknowledgement letter, and the rental certificate to report the facts. The Rentee or the driver shall consent to these measures.
5. If NicoNico is ordered to pay a delinquency fine and subsequently pays that delinquency fine, or if NicoNico covers the expenses incurred to search for the Rentee or the driver or the expenses incurred to move, store, and collect the vehicle, NicoNico shall charge the Rentee or the driver for the amount of money and the penalty described below (the sum of the amount of money and the penalty described being referred to as the “illegal parking line”) plus the expenses described (the sum of the amount of money, penalty, and expenses being referred to as the “illegal parking expenses”). In such a case, the Rentee or the driver shall pay the illegal parking expenses by the date specified by NicoNico.
(1) Amount of money equivalent to the delinquency fine
(2) Penalty for illegal parking that is separately specified by NicoNico
(3) Expenses incurred for the search and the expenses incurred to move, store, and collect the vehicle, etc.
6. If NicoNico is ordered to pay the delinquency fine described in the preceding paragraph, or if the Rentee or the driver fails to pay the expenses stipulated in the preceding paragraph in full by the date specified by NicoNico, NicoNico shall take appropriate measures such as registering the Rentee’s or the driver’s name, date of birth, address, driving license number, and other information in the Japan Rent-a-Car Association information system (hereinafter referred to as the “Zenrekyo system”).
7. If the Rentee or the driver fails to comply with the instructions of NicoNico to handle the violation, NicoNico may charge the Rentee or the driver for the illegal parking fine. Also, if the Rentee or the driver fails to comply with the request of NicoNico to sign the acknowledgement letter, NicoNico may charge the Rentee or the driver for the illegal parking fine.
8. If NicoNico receives from the Rentee or the driver the illegal parking fine, as well as the expenses in full, NicoNico shall refrain from taking measures such as registering data in the Zenrekyo system or shall delete the data that has already been registered in the Zenrekyo system.
9. If the Rentee or the driver has paid NicoNico the amount of money that NicoNico has charged and the Rentee or the driver pays the fine for the illegal parking later or the order to pay the delinquency fine is cancelled by the bringing of an action, such as the delinquency fine being returned to NicoNico, NicoNico shall return to the Rentee or the driver the illegal parking file from the illegal parking expenses that NicoNico has already received.
10. If data has been registered in the Zenrekyo system and the order to pay the delinquency fine is cancelled as a result of, for example, paying the fine, or the expenses charged by NicoNico are paid to NicoNico in full, NicoNico shall delete the registered data from the Zenrekyo system.
Responsibility for Return
1. The Rentee or the driver shall return the rental car to NicoNico at the agreed return location by the expiry of the rental period.
2. If the Rentee or the driver violates the preceding paragraph, he or she shall compensate NicoNico.
3. If the Rentee or the driver fails to return the rental car within the rental period due to natural disaster or other force majeure, he or she shall not be responsible for any loss/damage incurred by NicoNico. In such a case, the Rentee or the driver shall immediately contact NicoNico and follow their instructions.
Confirmation at the Time of Return
1. The Rentee or the driver shall return the rental car in the presence of the staff of NicoNico. The rental car shall be in the same condition as rented, except for wear due to normal use.
2. Upon returning the rental car, the Rentee or the driver shall confirm that there are no personal effects belonging to the Rentee, the driver, or any passengers left in the rental car. After the return of the rental car, NicoNico shall assume no responsibility for the storage of personal effects.
If the Rentee or the driver has changed the prescribed return location, he or she shall cover the relocation fee.
Measures to be Taken in the Event of Non-Return
1. If the Rentee or the driver fails to return the rental car after the expiry of the rental period and does not comply with the NicoNico's request to return it, or if NicoNico deems that the rental car will not be returned for reasons such as the whereabouts of the Rentee being unknown, NicoNico shall take appropriate legal measures such as filing a criminal complaint and shall also take appropriate measures such as reporting the non-return to the All Japan Rent-a-Car Association.
2. In the event of the preceding paragraph, NicoNico shall take appropriate measures to confirm the location of the rental car, including interviewing the family and relatives of the Rentee or the driver, those persons in the office where he or she works, and referring to the vehicle position information system.
3. In the event of Paragraph 1, the Rentee or the driver shall be responsible for compensating NicoNico for the loss/damage incurred and shall cover the expenses incurred to collect the rental car and search for the Rentee or the driver.
Measures to be Taken in the Event at Breakdowns, Accidents, and Thefts
Measures to be Taken in the Event of a Breakdown
If, during the period of use, the Rentee or the driver detects any abnormality or breakdown, he or she shall immediately stop driving, contact NicoNico, and follow their instructions.
Measures to be Taken in the Event of an Accident
1. If, during the period of use, an accident occurs involving the rental car, the Rentee or the driver shall immediately stop driving, take appropriate legal measures regardless of the magnitude of the accident, and then take the measures specified below.
(1) Immediately report the accident to NicoNico and follow their instructions.
(2) If the rental car is to be repaired, it shall be repaired at NicoNico or the Workshop specified by NicoNico, unless otherwise approved.
(3) Cooperate with CNicoNico and the insurance company with which NicoNico has signed a contract in their research and submit the necessary documents without delay.
(4) Obtain NicoNico's prior consent before reaching an out-of-court settlement or any other agreement with the other party regarding the accident.
2. In addition to applying the measures described in the preceding paragraph, the Rentee or the driver shall also deal with the accident and be responsible for handling any problems that may arise as a result.
3. NicoNico shall provide advice to the Rentee or the driver regarding the handling of the accident and cooperate with him or her in solving any problems that may arise from the accident.
Measures to be Taken in the Event of Theft of the Vehicle
If,during the period of use, the Rentee or the driver finds that the rental car has been stolen or suffered any other damage, he or she shall apply the measures specified below.
(1) Immediately report to the nearest police station.
(2) Immediately report the damage to NicoNico and follow their instructions.
(3) Cooperate with NicoNico and the insurance company with which NicoNico has signed a contract in their research and submit, without delay, all documents that may be requested.
Termination of the Rental Contract Due to Unusability
1. If, during the period of use, the rental car becomes unusable due to breakdown, accident, theft, or any other reason (hereinafter referred to as “breakdown or other failure”), the rental contract shall be regarded as having terminated.
2. In the event of the preceding paragraph, the Rentee or the driver shall cover the expenses required to collect and repair the rental car and any other necessary expenses, and NicoNico shall not return the rental fee that it has received. This paragraph shall not apply, however, if the breakdown or other failure is due to the reasons described in Paragraph 3 or 5.
3. If the breakdown or other failure is a result of a defect that existed prior to the start of the rental, a new rental contract shall be regarded as having been signed, and the Rentee may be provided with an alternative rental car.
4. If the Rentee chooses not to accept the provision of the alternative rental car as described in the preceding paragraph, NicoNico shall return the rental fee that it has received, in full. This paragraph shall also apply if NicoNico fails to provide an alternative rental car.
5. If the breakdown or other failure has occurred for a reason that cannot be attributed to any of the Rentee, the driver, or NicoNico, NicoNico shall return the rental fee that it has received minus that portion of the rental fee that corresponds to the period from the rental to the termination of the rental contract.
6. Except for the measures described in this article, the Rentee and the driver may not make any claims to NicoNico other than those described in this article regarding any damage arising from the non-availability of a rental car.
Indemnity and Compensation
Indemnity and Compensation for Business
1. If the Rentee or the driver causes damage to a third party or NicoNico during the period of use of the rental car that he or she has rented, he or she shall indemnify the damage. This paragraph shall not apply if the damage is due to a reason attributable to NicoNico.
2. Of the damage to NicoNico described in the preceding paragraph, damage arising from the non-usability of the rental car by NicoNico due to accident, theft, or breakdown for reasons that are attributable to the Rentee or the driver, contamination to or odor in the rental car, and so forth, shall be as specified in the rate table (non-operation charge), and the Rentee or the driver shall pay accordingly.
Insurance and Compensation
1. If the Rentee or the driver is found to be liable for the damage, insurance or compensation shall be paid in accordance with the nonlife insurance contract that NicoNico has signed concerning the rental car and the compensation system specified by NicoNico, within the following limits:
(1) Personal compensation: Unlimited (including compulsory automobile liability insurance)
(2) Property compensation: Up to 20 million yen per accident (deductible of 50,000 yen)
(3) Bodily injury compensation: Up to 30 million yen per person
(4) Vehicle compensation: Current vehicle cost (deductible of 50,000 yen)
2. If any of the immunity reasons in the insurance clause or the compensation system applies, the insurance or compensation described in Paragraph 1 shall not be paid.
3. The Rentee or the driver shall cover the damage for which insurance or compensation is not paid and for any damage that exceeds the insurance or the compensation paid in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1.
4. If NicoNico pays for the damage to be covered by the Rentee or the driver, the Rentee or the driver shall immediately reimburse NicoNico for that payment.
5. The compensation deductibles described in Paragraph 1 shall be covered by NicoNico if the Rentee has paid NicoNico the collision damage waiver fee in advance
6. This compensation shall not apply to accidents that are not reported to the police or an office of NicoNico, accidents that are due to the Rentee or driver's negligence and accidents that occur in an extension to the rental period that the Rentee or the driver has implemented without NicoNico's prior consent.
7. An amount equivalent to the insurance premium of the nonlife insurance contract described in Paragraph 1, as well as an amount equivalent to the fee for the subscription to the compensation system specified by NicoNico, shall be included in the rental fee.
Cancellation at the Rental Contract
If the Rentee or the driver violates any of the provisions of this Clause during the period of use, NicoNico may cancel the rental contract without any notification or reminder and immediately demand the return of the rental car. Should this occur, NicoNico shall not return the rental fee that it has received from the Rentee.
Cancellation after Obtaining Consent
During the period of use, the Rentee may cancel the rental contract after obtaining NicoNico's consent and paying a cancellation fee. Should this occur, NicoNico shall return the rental fee that it has received from the Rentee, minus that portion of the rental fee that corresponds to the period from the start of the rental to the return.
Purposes of the Use of Personal Information
1. NicoNico shall obtain and use personal information about the Rentee or the driver for the purposes described below.
(1) Execute those matters required for the conditions required for obtaining a business license, such as preparing a rental certificate at the signing of a rental contract, as an operator granted a license for a rental car business in accordance with the Road Transport Law.
(2) Offer a rental car and other related services to the Rentee or the driver.
(3) Identity and screen the rental applicant or the driver at the signing of a rental contract.
(4) Notify the Rentee or the driver of the rental cars, used cars, and other products with which NicoNico deals, the offering of services and the like related to these, and the organizing of various events and campaigns, with methods such as sending advertising printed matter and sending emails.
(5) Conduct questionnaire surveys on the Rentee or the driver regarding the planning and development of products and services with which NicoNico deals or for the purpose of studying ways of improving customer satisfaction.
(6) Tabulate and analyze personal information statistically to prepare statistical data that is processed in such a way that no individuals can be distinguished or identified from it.
2. If wishing to obtain personal information about the Rentee or the driver for purposes not described in any of the subparagraphs of Paragraph 1, NicoNico shall indicate the purpose of use in advance.
3. The Rentee or the driver shall agree to the sharing of personal information about the Rentee or the driver among Eki Rent—a-car System Co, Ltd. and its franchisees for the purposes described in the subparagraphs of Paragraph 1.
Consent to the Registration and Use of Personal Information
If the Rentee or the driver falls under any of the subparagraphs below, he or she shall agree that personal information related to him or her, including his or her name, address, date of birth, and driving license number, will be registered in the Zenrekyo system for a period not exceeding seven (7) years and that the information will be used by the All Japan Rent-a-Car Association, its individual rental car associations, and the rental car companies that are members of these associations for the purpose of screening before the signing of a rental contract.
(1) NicoNico is ordered to pay a delinquency fine in accordance with the Road Traffic Law.
(2) The Rentee or the driver has not paid NicoNico the illegal parking expenses.
(3) NicoNico deems that the rental car will not be returned.
If NicoNico has monetary obligations to the Rentee or the driver under this Clause, NicoNico may offset them with the monetary obligations that the Rentee or the driver has to NicoNico at any time.
The Rentee or the driver shall pay NicoNico the consumption tax (including the local consumption tax) imposed on the transaction under this Clause.
If failing to fulfill their respective monetary obligations under this Clause, the Rentee or the driver and NicoNico shall pay the other party 14.6% of unpaid amount per annum as delay damages.
1. NicoNico may separately establish detailed rules for this Clause. Such detailed rules shall have the same effect as this Clause.
2. If NicoNico separately establishes detailed rules, NicoNico shall display them in its outlets and describe them in the pamphlets issued, the rate table, and the likes. This paragraph shall also apply if changes are made to the detailed rules.
If any disputes arise concerning the rights and obligations specified in this Clause, the competent court shall be the summary court that has jurisdiction over the location of the main office, branch, or business office of NicoNico, regardless of the amount claimed.
21 years old is minimum drivers age, there is no maximum.
There is no additional charge for young drivers.
There is no extra charge for additional drivers, as long as they list themselves as drivers prior to renting the car.
All vehicles must be refueled before being returned. A specified ruling charge will be applied if vehicles are not refueled before being returned (the charge may be higher than the cost of refueling the vehicle).
All Passenger cars and minivans are equipped with GPS navigation systems as a standard feature and are provided free of charge. Languages in English/Japanese/Chinese/Korean
All cars in New-Chitose are equipped with snow tires and 4WD as a standard feature and are provided free of charge from November to March.
Fukuoka airport, Nagasaki airport, Kagoshima airport Not applicable.
We have ETC cards available for rent at the following locations: New-Chitose, Narita, Fukuoka. The fee is 350JPY for 10 days, and 1080JPY for 10+ days.
Hokkaido Expressway Pass (HEP)
The "Hokkaido Expressway Pass" is available for rent, it is a special service that allows unlimited use of Hokkaido's expressways through the ETC system, on flat rate. **Only available foreign visitors, more information is available at the counter.
In the event of cancellation, the initial deposit paid remains non-refundable. In addition to this, the following policy will apply:
Cancellation charges apply for the cancellation of reservations. If you do not show up without notice more than one hour's notice after the reserved time of car pick up, the reservation will be cancelled. The same amount will be paid by Nico Nico Rent a Car in the event that a reservation is cancelled by Nico Nico Rent a Car and a rental agreement is not made. No such charges apply when the reservations and cancellation is made on the same day.
1. Customers from signatory countries of the Geneva Convention (1949):
A valid Passport and International Driving Permit (IDP) is required.
2. Customers from Switzerland, Germany, France, Monaco, Belgium, and Taiwan: A valid Passport, Original Driver's License from the country of origin, and a Japanese translation of the original Driver's License is required.
3. Customers with a Japanese Driver's License:
Present original Driver's License."
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier’s rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice. The deposit required to secure your vehicle (as shown on the secure booking page) will only be processed on your credit card when your booking is confirmed.
A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation voucher and at this stage the deposit is processed on your card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the supplier's terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Please note that some suppliers treat an amendment as a new booking and apply the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). If the rental period is increased, an additional deposit may be required. If the rental period is shortened which results in a reduction of the rental charges, the deposit amount will remain unchanged, and the difference between the original and revised deposit is forfeited (it cannot be used towards remaining rental charges). To request a change to a confirmed booking, please use the alterations request link on your confirmation. Any alterations are subject to availability and the approval of the supplier. In addition to the alteration policy of the supplier stated in their terms, the following charges will apply:
Car rental alterations (all charges stated in local currency):
To change dates or times that result in a recalculation of rental rates, or to change vehicles or locations: 25.00
To add or remove extras to/from a confirmed booking: 10.00
The alteration fee will not be charged if your alteration request is not possible.
Vehicle Capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
We are committed to providing a quality service and aim for complete customer satisfaction. In the event of cancellation, any refunds or penalties are detailed in the terms and conditions of your selected vehicle that you are asked to read and accept at time of booking. In the event you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Group Limited. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at 2/509 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.